Technologist Travel Award
The AMP Technologist Travel Award provides travel assistance to the annual meeting & expo for up to three (3) selected AMP member technologists who do not receive travel support from their institutions.
Award Amount: $1,500
The Applicant must:
- Be an AMP member.
- Work currently in the clinical molecular diagnostics field as a technologist. "Technologist" can include clinical or R&D technologists/assistants./li>
- Not have received this travel award in the last 3 years.
- Travel and/or registration for the annual meeting & expo not funded by their institution (communication from lab director required).
- Within a month of the conclusion of the Annual Meeting & Expo, submit a brief report for publication in the AMP Newsletter and AMP website of their experiences at the AMP annual meeting & Expo and what they learned. This will give favorable visibility to the award and to the value of providing molecular diagnostics continuing education for technologists.
- Authorship on an abstract is preferred but not required.
- Agree to attend the Business/Awards Session at the Annual Meeting & Expo in order to accept the award personally.
Application Deadline: July 22, 2019
2019 Award Winners
Full List of Past Recipients