home / membership /
The AMP member's-only forum for lively Discussion, world-wide Collaboration, and real-time Information Exchange.
Visit CHAMP 2.0 now at http://community.amp.org
CHAMP 2.0 is an online resource exclusively for AMP members, available in real-time, all the time. CHAMP 2.0 is an upgrade / replacement for CHAMP - the original AMP Member Listserv. Within CHAMP 2.0, there are a number of "Communities." Communities are the foundation of CHAMP 2.0. Each Community (or group of individuals with common professional interests) contains a number of features including a library, searchable list of discussions, list of events, and member listing. The Open Forum Community is the equivalent of the original CHAMP in that a message posted to the Open Forum will be sent to all current AMP Members.
- CHAMP 2.0 is NOT a listserv; it is a virtual community exclusively for AMP members. As such, it is more robust and beneficial than a simple "mass email" system or listserv.
- Communities are the foundation of CHAMP 2.0. There is a Community for each AMP Subdivision, Committee, Task Force, etc... as well as a number of user-generated Communities. Each Community contains a number of features including a library, searchable list of discussions, list of events, and member listing.
- The Open Forum Community is the equivalent of the original CHAMP in that a message posted to the Open Forum will be sent to all current AMP members.
- One of the primary benefits of CHAMP 2.0 is the searchable discussions. Unlike the original CHAMP listserv, all discussions in CHAMP 2.0 are archived, searchable, and viewable at anytime by any AMP member.
- Add the sender "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your email safe list (contact your IT department as necessary)
- Click on "Login to view Member's Only content" on the upper-right side of the page
Your User ID# and Password are the same one's you use to access the AMP Website. Contact AMP directly at email@example.com for a login and password reminder.
- Visit "Profile" (or "My Profile") and upload a photo
- Visit "Communities" (or "My Communities") to view and participate in existing discussions; including, Open Forum, Subdivisions, Getting Started, and appropriate Committee Communities
THE FINE PRINT
CHAMP 2.0 Rules & Etiquette
By joining and using the CHAMP 2.0 community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us link on this site. Technical questions on association management issues should directed to our help desk.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- AMP prohibits distribution of promotional material on CHAMP 2.0. Company employees may not make product announcements (e.g. new products, FDA clearance/approval, IP position, offer to collaborate, etc.), even if it is in response to a current discussion thread.
- Professional recruiters are prohibited from posting job openings on CHAMP 2.0. Contact AMP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative advertising options.
- A non-AMP meeting or event can be posted on CHAMP 2.0 ONLY if it meets the following criteria:
- The meeting focus is molecular (research or clinical), and
- The meeting is organized b a non-profit group, and
- The meeting is directed by an AMP member (or, at a minimum, a significant number of individuals on the program committee are AMP members).
- The topic of gene patent claims is prohibited on CHAMP 2.0.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. AMP reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of AMP. AMP is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AMP or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AMP be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AMP and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
AMP does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of AMP we will take all appropriate action.
AMP reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.