|Scientific Subdivisions | The Journal of Molecular Diagnostics
Contact AMP | Sign In | Join / Renew | Go To CHAMP
Opportunities to exhibit, advertise, and host a corporate workshop still exist.
Contact Catherine Davidge by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
AMP welcomes members of the press to attend the AMP 2012 Annual Meeting. Refer to the formal invitation to the media for more information.
To register as a member of the press, please use the online registration form: http://bit.ly/O5O3WR.
1. Poster Size: All posters must be no larger than 4 feet (122 cm) high by 6 feet (1.8 meters) wide. AMP reserves the right to remove posters that exceed the 4 ft x 6 ft size limit. Award posters have additional requirements as listed below in the "AWARDS INFORMATION" section.
2. Poster Numbers: The five-digit abstract numbers given by the online submission system will be changed to numbers that reflect the category. Poster Numbers are noted in the acceptance notice. For example, Genetics posters are G01, G02, etc. and Infectious Diseases posters are ID01, ID02, etc.
3. Poster Format: Including the Abstract is optional unless the scientific content has been altered since its submission.*
Required Elements of the poster are as follows:
Introduction / Background: a brief discussion of the background or rationale of the study and/or the question addressed
Materials and Methods: the experimental approach, materials, and methods used in the study
Results: the data and results obtained in the study
Conclusions: the conclusions and/or implications of the results
References and Acknowledgements
* NOTE: If the scientific content of the submitted abstract has been altered since its submission, the revised abstract must be included in the poster, as well as a notice stating that a revised abstract is included.
4. Presenting Author: The First Author is also considered the Presenting Author and has the following responsibilities:
The Presenting Author is expected to register for the Annual Meeting and attend the poster at the assigned time period to discuss the study and answer questions. If the Presenting Author is unable to attend the Annual Meeting to present the poster, every effort should be made to arrange for one of the other authors to present the poster. If there is a change in the Presenting Author, both AMP (email@example.com) and the Annual Meeting Program Chair, Dr. Daniel H. Farkas (firstname.lastname@example.org) must be notified. Failure to defend the study within the poster is a violation of the AMP Scientific Integrity Policy and may result in forfeiture of future abstract submission privileges.
The Presenting Author is expected to ensure that the abstract poster conforms to the Rules for Poster Display at the Annual Meeting (i.e., poster display size, format, and schedule).
5. Poster Schedule: All posters will be on display Thursday, October 25, Friday, October 26, and Saturday, October 27. You are expected to have your poster in place by 8:00 am Thursday and leave your posters on display until at least through 1:00 pm on Saturday. If you must leave before 1:00 pm on Saturday, please arrange for a colleague to remove your poster. See the online Preliminary Program and the Program Book for a current poster attendance schedule. Note: registration badge is REQUIRED to enter the exhibit hall. Plan accordingly when placing and removing your poster.
Poster Set-up: Thursday, October 25 , 6:30 - 8:00 am. Authors should bring push pins.
Posters must be attended by the Presenting Author during their assigned poster sessions.
Authors of even-numbered posters (e.g. G01, H11, etc.) and Award applicants will attend their posters during the morning poster session on Friday.
Authors of odd-numbered posters will attend their posters during the morning poster session on Saturday. Authors who have more than one even or odd-numbered poster can either ask another author to attend their additional poster or attend it themselves during the other session.
Award applicants, see additional instructions below.
Poster Removal: Saturday, October 27, 1:00-5:00 pm. Posters in place past 5:00 pm will be removed and discarded.
Applicants may submit only one poster for an award.
Technologist Award applicants must be present at their poster during assigned times, which will be emailed to the Primary Author no later than Friday, July 13, 2012. Please note that the Program Committee assessment of the poster for a Technologist Award is based on the applicantâ€™s defense of the poster during the assigned time period(s).
Applicants must agree to attend the AMP Business Meeting/Awards Session on Friday afternoon, October 26, 2012. Failure to attend the Business Meeting/Awards Session will result in forfeiture of the Award.
Applicants must submit a finalized version of their poster in .pdf or PowerPoint (.ppt) format to Kathleen Carmody in the AMP office no later than Monday, September 3, 2012. Only one poster per applicant will be considered for the Young Investigator Award. This version of the poster will be used as part of the judging for the Young Investigator Award by the AMP Training and Education Committee and is considered the final version of the poster. Email the poster to email@example.com.
Young Investigator Award applicants must be present at their poster during assigned times, which will be emailed to the Primary Author no later than Friday, July 13, 2012. Please note that the award committeeâ€™s assessment of the poster for the award is partially based on the applicantâ€™s defense of the poster during the assigned time period(s) on Thursday, October 25.
Minor changes may be made to the YIA posters between pre-meeting review submission and the annual meeting. If changes are made, those changes must be identified in a footnote on the poster at the annual meeting and noted to the Training & Education Committee Judges during the judging/interview session.
Young Investigator Award applicants must agree to attend the AMP Business Meeting/Awards Session on Friday afternoon, October 26, 2012. Failure to attend the Business Meeting/Awards Session will result in forfeiture of the Award.
AMP gratefully acknowledges Abbott Molecular for providing support for the online abstract submission system.