|Scientific Subdivisions | The Journal of Molecular Diagnostics | Contact AMP | Sign In | Join / Renew | Go To CHAMP|
Jacqueline L. Bruce
Brigham and Women's Hospital Center for Advanced Molecular Diagnostics, Boston, MA
TTUHSC Laboratory for Molecular Diagnostics, Lubbock, TX
UCSF Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, San Francisco, CA
The AMP Technologist Travel Award provides travel assistance to the annual meeting to selected AMP member technologists who do not receive travel support from their institutions.
Award Amount: $1,500.
The Applicant must :
• Be an AMP member.
• Work currently in the clinical molecular diagnostics field as a technologist. "Technologist" can include clinical or R&D technologists/assistants.
• Not have received this travel award in the last 3 years.
• Travel and/or registration for the annual meeting not funded by their institution (communication from lab director required).
• Within a month of the conclusion of the Annual Meeting, submit a brief report for publication in the AMP Newsletter and AMP website of their experiences at the AMP annual meeting and what they learned. This will give favorable visibility to the award and to the value of providing molecular diagnostics continuing education for technologists.
• Authorship on an abstract is preferred but not required.
• Agree to attend the Business/Awards Session at the Annual Meeting in order to accept the award personally.